This Return and Refund Policy of Acuité Media (comprising of author website ajcrenshaw3.com) details the process to follow in order to cancel a purchase, report a defect with a purchase, or arrange for a refund on a purchase pertaining to digital content (eBooks) and physical book copies (paperback and hardback).
Returned books must be in a resalable condition as determined by Acuité Media. Books with a scratch-off code that has been revealed will be considered used and cannot be returned.
Time Limit – Requests to return must be received within 30 days of purchase.
Return Fees – Costs incurred by Acuité Media, the original shipping cost, and shipping charges incurred from refused packages will not be credited on returned books and will be adjusted against credit given.
Freight and Postage Cost – Freight costs are to be paid by the buyer unless the return is due to Acuité Media’s fulfillment company’s error.
Attn: Online Returns
12530 Fairwood Parkway Suite 102 #212
Bowie, MD 20720
Okemos, MI 48864
You are not entitled to any refund or replacement for digital products unless it is expressly provided for under this Return and Refund Policy or if Acuité Media chooses to give the user a refund or replacement (at the company’s sole discretion and without being obliged).
If you have a return or refund query related to a hardware purchase or third-party service, this will need to be managed according to the terms and conditions of the third-party provider. Acuité Media will assist in and facilitate this process.
Your right to cancel, return or be refunded
Incorrect digital content delivered
We will cancel, return, or refund your purchase within 30 days of the initial purchase if the incorrect content has been delivered to you. Please promptly contact firstname.lastname@example.org in order to resolve the mistake as quickly as possible.
Non-defective digital content
In line with consumer protection legislation, customers are entitled to a five (5) day cooling-off period on the purchase of digital content, if that purchase was the result of direct marketing.
We do not otherwise issue refunds or provide replacements for digital content that is returned for any reason other than a defect (this includes, but is not limited to, mistaken purchases, incorrect purchases, title/product swaps, or personal taste).
Defective digital content
If within six (6) months of purchase, you find that the digital content you have purchased is defective/faulty, or you are otherwise unable to continue reading/using the title (i.e. the title is defective), you may submit a refund request as set out in the ‘Return and refund process’ section below (this is the only manner in which requests for refunds will be accepted).
Should the title subsequently be found to indeed be defective, you are entitled to either:
- have the title repaired or replaced, and have readability reinstated, or
- be fully refunded.
Should the title subsequently be found not to be defective, you will not be entitled to any refund, or free replacement or repair.
If you discover that the title is defective after the six-month window has passed, and the title is subsequently found to be defective, you are entitled to have the title repaired and have readability reinstated. If Acuité Media is unable to repair the title or reinstate readability after a period of three (3) months, you will be entitled to a refund.
Please note that the following issues/problems will not render the product damaged, defective or unsuitable, and will not entitle you to any repair, replacement, or refund:
- If you are unable to access the relevant digital content because (a) the user has no internet connection, or the digital content is blocked by firewalls or a similar internet- or network-related restriction is present on the user’s end; (b) the user has reached the device limit; (c) the user’s license term has ended, or (d) payment for the digital content has failed.
- The inability to open or read a digital content file purchased from Acuité Media (comprising of author website ajcrenshaw3.com) through its 3rd party provider Bookfunnel:
a) on more than one device simultaneously;
b) on a reader application not supported by the Bookfunnel platform;
c) on a device which the user has not yet associated/registered with the relevant Bookfunnel advised reader application;
d) on a device running an unsupported version of an operating system;
e) on a device that does not conform to the ordinary levels of international standards, or where device manufacturers have not developed support for standard digital content functionality;
f) because the user is unable to associate their device with a recommended Bookfunnel application since they are not connected to the internet.
Due to the many variables which could render a digital content file (for example: a PDF or ePUB file) problematic or defective, any alleged defect in a digital content item shall be dealt with as follows:
- Should you experience any problems in downloading the digital content, or in opening or reading the digital content itself, or, although able to read the digital content, the digital content is defective in some other way (missing pages, incorrect book/resource, etc.), you must report the problem to the Acuité Media via email using Info@acuitemedia.com
- If reported as above, Acuité Media will assist you in determining the possible cause(s) of the problem and how to rectify these. No refunds will be issued unless Acuité Media determines that a refund is appropriate.
- It will be unlikely that Acuité Media deems a refund appropriate if you have already downloaded the digital content. Consequently, if you believe an error has been made in the purchase (e.g. you have accidentally ordered the incorrect digital content), please report the problem to the Acuité Media without downloading the digital content.
If you return an allegedly defective product purchased from Acuité Media (comprising of author website ajcrenshaw3.com) and, following inspection, it cannot be established with certainty that the product is defective, Acuité Media may, in its sole discretion, nevertheless decide to give you a partial refund on that purchase or to repair, or give you a replacement at a reduced cost.
Return and refund process
If you wish to return a product purchased from Acuité Media (comprising of author website ajcrenshaw3.com) for any reason permitted under this Return and Refund Policy, you must inform Acuité Media of the reason for the return via email at email@example.com.
Once you have successfully logged a return as outlined above, Acuité Media will issue you a support ticket reference number. Acuité Media will not issue refunds or replacements of any products which have not gone through the above process and/or are not accompanied by a valid support ticket reference number.
Acuité Media will verify all logged issues, and provide initial feedback to you within three (3) working days of receipt based on the date and time recorded in the ticketing system.
Acuité Media will use all reasonable diligence to correct verifiable and reproducible errors when reported in accordance with our standard reporting procedures for errors, classified by severity as follows:
- Priority 1: An error that causes a system crash under normal usage. Acuité Media will, within two (2) working days of verifying that such an error is present, initiate work diligently toward developing an error correction. Acuité Media will provide you with a status update once a resolution has been reached.
- Priority 2: Other errors. Acuité Media will, within five (5) working days of verifying such an error is present, initiate work diligently toward developing an error correction. Acuité Media will provide you with a status update once a resolution has been reached.
If you are claiming a return based on the cooling-off period allowed for under relevant consumer protection legislation, we will require evidence of the direct marketing that resulted in your purchase of the returned item.
Refund requests will be approved at the sole discretion of Acuité Media.
Should you be entitled to a refund for any reason, that refund will be done in the same manner in which the payment was made (i.e. by processing the refund against your credit card or via EFT, as the case may be). If Acuité Media is refunding via EFT, you will need to provide your banking details, along with proof of banking details (i.e. a stamped bank letter or official bank statement).